I am Me

Labour leader - Ed Miliband - made a speech to the TUC earlier today which will probably be best remembered - for his strange use of the English language.

Because as part of a passage dealing with strike action - in which Ed told teachers and civil servants that they were wrong to go on strike earlier this year - Ed said:

" ....as you will know, better than I.........."

Commentators were on to the gaffe in a flash - pointing out that Ed should have said 'better than me' - and that anyone who says 'better than I' these days - is being a bit naff and pretentious.

Me?

I think Ed should be able to say what he wants.

After all it's a free country - and the Queen still says 'My husband and I...' - and she doesn't get it in the neck from all these smarty pants grammar experts.

Anyway it reminds me of the famous Beatles song - 'I Am the Walrus' - with all its 'I am he as you are he as you are me ...' nonsense - wrapped around a fine tune.

I must see if I can track down the lyrics - maybe they can shed some light on the subject.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence