Drama School

For the life of me I can't understand the alleged 'angry' reaction of Scottish teachers - to the McCormac Review.

Maybe it's just the teaching unions trying to whip up a storm about nothing - because I can't see what the fuss is over teachers having to do a bit of photocpying and filing here and there.

I've worked in various offices - large and small - where there are staff employed to do that kind of job on a regular basis.

But there were never any strict demarcation lines set down in writing - and the attitude was that everybody pitched in - if and when 'needs must'.

And that was certainly borne out by the intial reaction I heard on the radio - from teachers who said they'd been working like that anyway for years.

So in other words - what's the big fuss?

Likewise with working from school normally - rather than home on a regular basis.

Working from home can have benefits for both the employee and employer - but I would say that's a issue for good management, prior notice and agreement on both sides.

Because how can a head teacher plan things in a busy school - if most staff are able to opt out and say 'I'm not available on those mornings or afternoons - I'm working from home on those days.'

The changes proposed by the McCormac Review are intended to improve the quality of teaching for school children and young people - yet the teachers' response so far (admittedly through the unions) is all about - ME, ME, ME, ME, ME. 

As far as I can see - though I've to read the report in details - most people are rather underwhelmed about the McCormac Review. 

So if I were the teaching unions - I'd stop trying to make a 'drama' out of nothing.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!