"I don't believe it!"

I watched an party election broadcast last night on behalf of the Scottish Labour party - which was a truly dire piece of television.

I didn't catch the whole thing - thankfully - which seemed to consist of one long speech from the actor Richard Wilson - from the comedy programme 'One Foot in the Grave'.

But I didn't buy it - or believe it - I'm sorry to say.

Because the pitch on behalf of Scottish Labour was essentially - vote for us because we hate the Tories more than anyone else.

And this doesn't strike me as the best kind of platform - on which to fight an election about Scotland's future.

I thought the Labour party had decided to ditch this rather uninspiring and miserable appeal to the voters - but apparently not.

So we'll just have to wait and see if it does strike a chord on Thursday - after all.

Though I wouldn't bet on it.

Because the bookies - who tend to know a thing or two - now make the SNP odds on favourites to win most seats - with Labour lagging far behind.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!