America, I love ya!

America has its critics, I know.

But the sight of IMF chief - Dominique Strauss-Khan - in handcuffs and being led into court by one of the NYPD's finest - was an arresting sight you have to admit.

Reminded me of the film that made Eddie Murphy's name - 'Trading Places' - in which the Dan Ackroyd character falls from grace - having been set up by two twisted old  millionaires.

In most other countries, the head of the IMF would have been smuggled in the back door - with a blanket over in head. 

Only in America is the accused forced to face his accusers - in an open court - where justice is quite literally seen to be done.

So far from looking down my nose at our American cousins - in a sneering, superior kind of way - which is fashionable in some circles.

I actually have a great admiration for the Yanks on lots of issues - and their no-nonsense, 'can do' attitude to life.

In my experience, it's not the religious right and their demagogues - who are the heart and soul of America.

It's the spirit that brought one of the world's most powerful men before a New York court - to answer charges of attempted rape and/or sexual assault - on a low paid chambermaid.

America, I love ya. 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!