No Mean Tent City

I haven't been down to George Square recently - so I don't know if Glasgow's tent city is thriving and putting down roots - or collapsing under the Scottish weather.

Anyway, I'm heading in that direction later today - so I'll drop by and see what's going on. 

The folks involved are bound to be a bit bonkers - and they are of course copycatting the behaviour of 'anti-capitalist' protestors in New York - and in London where a group is camped in the grounds of St Paul's Catherdal.  

The church authorities originally invited the protestors on to their private land - then a huge load of them pitched up and told God's representatives here on earth - that they were here to stay.

The church has since asked them to leave but the protestors held a vote - amongst themselves of course - and decided 'democratically' that they would just stay put.

Now I'm all in favour of protests - been to lots of them in my time.

A few hours milling around, marching from here to there - followed by some rousing speeches denouncing capitalism and all its evil works - then it's off with your friends to the nearest capitalist pub.

But I'm not clear on what the 'anti-capitalist' protestors are all about - are they intent on occupying other people's private and public spaces - and if so, what for?

Where do they come from, what do they do with their time - and who decides which citizens get a say or a vote - in this anti-capitalist nirvana?

Me - I'm dying to find out.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!