South Lanarkshire

The Scottish Information Commissioner has instructed South Lanarkshire Council to release information to me - by no later than Friday 2 September 2011.

 

So far nothing has happened - the council could have complied with this instruction weeks ago of course - but is dragging things out as usual to the last possible date.

 

The information that the South Lanarkshire has been trying to keep under wraps - is from a minute of the council's Corporate Management Team.

 

Here's how I explained the background in a previous post from July 2011.

 

Freedom of Information

 

I recently posted the summary decision of the Scottish Information Commissioner - regarding censorship in South Lanarkshire.

Here's a plain speaking explanation about the background to the SIC decision - my words and my interpretation, I should add - not those of SIC.

1 I asked South Lanarkshire to explain what happened in Equal Pay Review the council agreed to conduct in 2007.

2 The council refused to tell me, but said this information was contained in various minutes and reports - which I was welcome to request.

 

3 I duly asked for all of the information which the council at first refused to provide - so I had to go to all the bother of submitting a separate review request under FOISA.

4 The council then gave me the information - but decided to censor a key part of one document.

5 I then appealed to the Scottish Information Commissioner under FOISA - and he agreed that the council should disclose the information - because in his opinion it belonged in the public domain.

6 Several months later I am still waiting on a reply - although the council has been ordered to provide me with this information by 2 September 2011.

Labour-led South Lanarkshire Council - it should be emphasised - claims to be a supporter of Freedom of Information.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence