Albania

The blog site attracted its first visitor from Albania today - another country I have never been to and know little about.

Except that Albania's famous post-war dictator - Enver Hoxha - was a great admirer of a famous British comedian of yesteryear - pint-sized Norman Wisdom.

Now why that should be I don't know - nor do I know why I should know such a useless piece of information.

But since knowledge is power - maybe it will come in handy one day.

Particularly if I'm ever travelling through Albania and meet a fan of Enver Hoxha or Norman Wisdom or -  better still - both. 

Norman Wisdom is dead now sadly - I didn't find him very funny at all I have to say.

But maybe that was a generational thing.

After two great world wars I imagine someone falling off a ladder - or getting hit on the head with a plank of wood - was as good an excuse as any for laughing your head off.

I saw a very touching documentary film about Norman Wisdom though before he died - he had Alzheimer's Disease just like my dear old Mum - but remained a showman to the end. 

I know nothing at all about Enver Hoxha - less still about Albanian cooking.

But I'm willing to learn if anyone has information to share - about food that is not Albanian politics - which I imagine is not remotely funny at all.     

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!