The Squeezed Middle

I read something interesting th other day about 'middle children' - of which I am one coming from a family of five boys.

Now some people say that middle children don't get the same attention as those who arrive first or last - and are therefore prone to develop into weirdos or sociopaths.

But I'm pleased to announce - not least for purely selfish reasons - that this has now shown to be complete rubbish after a recent study found that middle children are:

Excellent negotiators
Trailblazers and justice seekers
Stronger at affecting change - and have stronger friendships, longer marriages and more fulfilling careers

And some examples of high-achieving middle children are:

Tony Blair
Warren Buffet
David Cameron
Bill Gates
John F. Kennedy
Nigella Lawson
Martin Luther King Jr
Lech Walensa

Not too many women in there I have to admit - but who am I to quibble?

Presumably this will work itself out in the long-run - unless the modern trend for smaller families - means that women are now less likely to find themselves in this newly desirable 'squeezed middle'.

What a shame - and just imagine the nightmare that must be China - which still operates a strict one-child-per-family policy, as far as I know.

Mind you this does sound a bit like reading a horoscope to me - you take the positive bits and disregard the rest - so maybe it's just mumbo jumbo after all.

Because I'm sure my dear old Mum gave me the same love and affection - as the rest of my adorable siblings.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence