Holding Scottish Ministers to Account

I thought it would be impossible to have a worse Presiding Officer than Tricia Marwick, but I have to hold my hands up and accept I was wrong! 

The rules and conventions of the Scottish Parliament make it very difficult for backbench MSPs to hold powerful ministers to account, but they should have an ally in the Presiding Officer (Alison Johnstone) which clearly they do not.

Tricia has now retired, but I think I'm right in saying she's now into the second term of her appointment (by Scottish Ministers) as Chair of Fife health board.

Scottish Greens MSP Alison Johnstone to be new presiding officer - BBC News

Alison Johnstone

Just two by-elections needed ... why the SNP still hopes to reach Holyrood  majority | HeraldScotland

Tricia Marwick


Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP Hypocrites Have No Shame

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence