Glasgow - Equal Pay Update (23/12/18)



Here's a friendly Twitter exchange I've been having about the fight for equal pay in Glasgow City Council.

Now I imagine KC must be an SNP member, or supporter at least, which I have to say is neither here nor there to me because Glasgow's equal pay dispute is not about party politics. 

As regular readers know, I've been a big critic of previous Labour-run councils and I have also criticised the present SNP-led council, for example over its unsuccessful attempt (in December 2017) to overturn the Court of Session's 'unfit for purpose' judgment on Glasgow's WPBR pay scheme. 

But there's no need to be falling out with people on Facebook and Twitter or calling them nasty names - it's perfectly possible have a civilised discussion without becoming  obnoxious or personal.

I always try to be polite in these exchanges because I'm more interested in getting a point across than having a fight - although if people are terribly rude, ignorant or belligerent to me, I have to admit I'm not a 'turn the other cheek' sort of person.  

So looking forward to the New Year and the prospect of a big lobbying campaign with Glasgow Councillors, MSPs and MPs - I hope lots of claimants will get involved and make their voices heard.

Just remember to keep a civil tongue in your head and use the information from the blog site, or provided by the Trade Unions, or posts on the Equal Pay Facebook Page - to get your message across.

And if you need a hand with anything, there are lots of people  who are only too willing to help.

 


KC
Calling all my #Indyref2 contacts. I need a list of all the attempts to deceive the electorate by Scottish unionist parties e.g. woman's equal pay in Glasgow, broadband etc etc I need it all, preferably with their actual posts.

Mark Irvine
The jury’s still out as far as the fight for equal pay in Glasgow is concerned - the SNP-led Council promised a final settlement by Christmas, but sadly this has not materialised

KC
My post refers to the deceit. U remember how Labour had the brass neck to shout out for equal pay along with the unions, when it was in fact them who caused it ... and then there's people like yourself. Wtf have you lot been? When did you ever hold Labour to account?


Mark Irvine
I've been involved in the fight for equal pay in Glasgow going way back to 2005 - what about you? The most important thing for me is the people involved not the party politics, but here are some posts on what I've had to say about Labour in the past. 

http://action4equalityscotland.blogspot.com/2017/01/operation-take-out-frank_29.html …


KC
Strange we didn't hear you Mark, the strike action, Labour all over the news , putting their faces on placards etc..... but wait for over 10 yrs then do it to the SNP! We see you all,Mark!

Mark Irvine
I’ve been campaigning for equal pay in Glasgow through my blog site for the past 12 years. Visit http://www.action4equalityscotland.blogspot.com - and read the history for yourself. Th fight is not about party politics, but just because GCC is now SNP-led doesn’t mean the Council is above criticism

KC
Never heard of you before SNP took over, Mark. Yes, it shouldn't be about party politics but now is.... Susan's face all over placards, SNP mentioned at every opportunity, while you lot stood with the unions and Labour. Again, the ones who caused it... Grrr

Mark Irvine
Well that’s probably because you’ve not been involved in the fight for equal pay in Glasgow until relatively recently. Frank McAveety’s face was on TU placards as well - so was GCC’s CEO. Nothing sinister in that and many claimants have supported the SNP in the past, as I have!

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence