Increased Charges


Banks are in the news all the time these days - and often for the worst of reasons.

So let me throw a little fuel of my own on the fire.

Because I've just received a notice from my own bank  - advising me that various credit card charges are going up follows:

Annual Percentage Charge
18.2 to 22.4% = 23% increase

Interest rates
13.3 to 16.3% = 23% increase

Annual Fee
£28 to £32 = 14% increase

Now call me stupid if you want - but I can't see how banks justify these big increases in charges when inflation is at 4.2% - and falling.

How can that be fair or reasonable?

And as there's not much competition between the big high street banks - then just like the trade unions these days - there's nowhere else to go and take your business.

So I think I'll complain - not just about the higher charges.

But about the fact that no one explains anything - they seem to think their customers are like punchbags - there simply to soak up lots of punishment. 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence