Scotrail - What A Poor Service

I caught the train through to Edinburgh yesterday (Saturday afternoon) and by journey's end wish I had travelled by bus or car.

Instead of a relaxing, hour-long journey my short trip was spoiled by a group of very noisy, anti-social, fellow passengers who were busy downing copious amounts of alcohol. 

When I go off the train I checked with a member of staff that drinking alcohol is currently banned on this Scotrail service - which he did.

The chap was very helpful and suggested if this happened again, I should complain to the guard, though I pointed out the guard had walked by this group at least twice on the journey through from Glasgow - yet said nothing.

The Scotrail chap suggested I put something on social media as a way of embarrassing Scotrail bosses into taking the issue much more seriously - job done, here you are.

Maybe it would help if SNP ministers travelled by train rather than ministerial car?

The underlying problem is, of course, drunkenness and anti-social behaviour not the consumption of alcohol itself - but a strategy for dealing with this requires the transport police instead of leaving things up to individual guards or Scotrail passengers.


Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP Hypocrites Have No Shame

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence