Unimpressed by Unison

When I was in London last week - I walked past the new and very plush headquarters of Unison - which are just off the Marylebone Road between Euston and Kings Cross Stations.

A bit too corporate for my liking - looked too much like a big bank, if you ask me - but one thing's for sure - Unison has plenty of money and resources.

Whether these are always put to their best use is a matter for union members to decide - but here's one who's decidedly unimpressed at Unison's track record on equal pay.

Dear Mr. Irvine,

I have followed your blogs for a good while now. I find myself in the same position as a lot of your readers who are having a bad time with their lack of help from Unison - the union of the working class!!!!!

At this time of writing I have received a review letter from Unison London stating that my grievance against Falkirk unison and Mr.Mike Kirby have not been upheld. This was started in July of this year. Things do not indeed move swiftly in the world of the high and mighty.

I along with other Unison members who work in schools have been totally let down by a union who seem hell bent on being in the good books of the council.

Anyway, do feel free to add some comments about Falkirk council and Unison on your blog page.

I am more than happy to try and embarrass both parties.

Kind regards


A Regular Reader.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!