Shopping and Politics

I read the other day that the Tories outspent the Labour party by £15 million in 2010 - the year of the last Westminster general election of course.

What I also learned - in the report from the Electoral Commission - is that the Co-operative Party gave £1.05 million to Labour.

Which surprised me because I shop in the Co-op regularly.

But I have no wish to be paying a shopping levy to the Labour party - as I go about the business of buying up life's little comestibles.

Now if Tesco were throwing money at the Tories - I'd have the very same attitude.

So maybe I'll have to take my business elsewhere in future.

What's politics got to do with shopping anyway? 

The Co-op's £1.05 million donation to Labour looks to me like a hidden tax on customers.

I think I'll have to find out more - watch this space.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!