Aer Lingus - World's Worst Airline?

I flew with Aer Lingus to New York back in April 2023.

We arrived on a Monday, early afternoon, but the airline managed to lose our bag which we didn't get back for two whole days - despite JFK airport being just an hour's drive away.

Aer Lingus customer services at JFK was our point of contact, but despite numerous phone calls were unhelpful and rude - out first two days in the Big Apple were completely spoiled.

After returning to Glasgow Aer Lingus have got no better and have still not answered by complaint which was lodged over 3 months ago.

The Montreal Convention says: 

Article 19 — Delay 

The carrier is liable for damage occasioned by delay in the carriage by air of passengers, baggage or cargo. Nevertheless, the carrier shall not be liable for damage occasioned by delay if it proves that it and its servants and agents took all measures that could reasonably be required to avoid the damage or that it was impossible for it or them to take such measures.

The damage to me was the disruption caused to our short break to the Big Apple by the incompetence of Aer Lingus and its customer services operation - in New York and elsewhere.

Would I travel with Aer Lingus again?


Aer Lingus - World's Worst Airline? (July 28, 2023)

After 12 weeks I finally heard from Aer Lingus in response to my complaint about the airline losing my bag for 2 days during a recent visit to New York.

But instead of answering my complaint about their truly awful customer service and offering a humble, sincere apology for the huge inconvenience - Aer Lingus just referred me (without explanation) to the Montreal Convention.

I heard that Michael O'Leary (CEO of Ryanair) resigned from Aer Lingus years ago - because of the airline's poor attitude towards its customers which I can well believe. I've always found Ryanair excellent I have to say - they do exactly what's said on the tin!

Anyway as my journey started off in Glasgow I think I will now complain directly to the UK Civil Aviation Authority  because Aer Lingus are to modern customer services what Gerald Ratner was to the jewellery business. 


Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP Hypocrites Have No Shame

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence