Glasgow, FoI and Equal Pay



Here is Glasgow City Council's response to my FoI request asking for copies of past Minutes of the council's Corporate Management team (CMT).

If Glasgow does not get its act together, the next stage is to submit an appeal to the independent Scottish Information Commissioner (SIC). 

I have already asked for a review of the council's response which is the second stage of the FoI process.

I will publish my FoI Review Request on the blog site later today.

    


Dear Mr Irvine  
Request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (“the Act”)

Thank you for your request received on 12 October 2017 requesting that the following information be provided to you:

 “I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. 

1. Please provide me with the minutes of Glasgow City Council's Corporate Management Team (CMT) for the period between December 2006 and December 2016. 

2. I suspect these minutes may well be available online, as they are routinely in other Scottish councils, in which case I would be happy for Glasgow City Council to provide me with an appropriate internet link/s so that I can peruse the relevant documents for myself.

3. If there are any issues about inspecting the minutes online, please explain how I can access and peruse 'hard copies' of these documents from within the City Council's archives.”
Glasgow City Council (“the Council”) is treating your request as a request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.  


We would advise you that the Council’s Corporate Management (CMT) minutes were only produced from 2010 to the end of 2015. These minutes were published on the Council’s intranet site but not on our external webpages so we have therefore enclosed hard copies of these documents. In terms of section 17(1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, we therefore do not hold minutes for the full period December 2006 and December 2016 as you have requested. Under our duty to provide advice and assistance, we can tell you that from the beginning of 2016 the CMT was replaced by another group, the CMT Transformation group. Although this group met weekly, no formal minutes were taken at these meetings. The Extended CMT minutes were, however, published on our intranet site from this date and we enclose hard copies of these minutes from January 2016 to date.


Glasgow, FOI and Equal Pay (21/11/17)



Here's an FoI request I submitted to Glasgow City Council a little while back asking for the minutes of GCC's Corporate Management Team.

Tune in again tomorrow to read all about the City Council's response which make senior officials look quite ridiculous if you ask me. 

We are still a long way from culture of 'openness and transparency' when it comes to the City Council's WPBR pay arrangements.

    


Annemarie O'Donnell
Chief Executive
Glasgow City Council



Dear Ms O'Donnell

FOISA Request
I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. 
  1. Please provide me with the minutes of Glasgow City Council's Corporate Management Team (CMT) for the period between December 2006 and December 2016. 
  2. I suspect these minutes may well be available online, as they are routinely in other Scottish councils, in which case I would be happy for Glasgow City Council to provide me with an appropriate internet link/s so that I can peruse the relevant documents for myself.
  3. If there are any issues about inspecting the minutes online, please explain how I can access and peruse 'hard copies' of these documents from within the City Council's archives.
In any event, I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond to me by e-mail at: markirvine@compuserve.com

Kind regards


Mark Irvine 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!