Medical Oversight and Double Standards


I finally heard from Patrick Harvie in response to my letters regarding potential changes to the Gender Recognition Act.

But Patrick's letter was a disappointment because it did not address, deliberately I presume, the points raised about the requirement for medical oversight in a proposed new law on assisted dying - or in the case of women accessing abortion services.

So I plan to write to Patrick again and will share what he has to say on the blog.


Glasgow MSPs and GRA - Patrick Harvie (December 16, 2021)


I've had to write to Patrick Harvie again, as one of my Glasgow MSPs, because  Patrick has not responded to two separate letters I sent him regarding potential changes to the Gender Recognition Act. 

Dear Patrick Harvie

Consultation on Potential Changes to the Gender Recognition Act

I refer to my original letter dated 19 November 2021 and my reminder letter dated 7 December 2021 regarding potential changes to the Gender Recognition Act.

I would be grateful to know where you stand on these matters, in particular the issue of self-identification, because it would seem hypocritical to me for an MSP to support medical oversight when it comes to a new law on assisted dying or in the case of women accessing abortion services - but to promote self-identification and reject medical oversight in the case of a person wishing to change their sex by law.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards



Mark Irvine

 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!