Glasgow Curry Night

I had a unusual experience in Glasgow the other night: a bad curry which was so bad it was virtually inedible - dull, bland, lacking in seasoning, spice and flavour while all the vegetables seemed to be frozen and stale rather than fresh.

So I decided to make my own Veggie (Vegan) Curry with the following ingredients:

Groundnut oil

Red onions

Ginger

Garlic

Brown mustard seeds 

Onion seeds

Dry spices - caraway, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, fenugreek, star anise, tumeric and chilli

Fresh herbs - coriander and mint

Veggies - aubergine, carrot, chickpeas, mushrooms, new potatoes, okra, red pepper and tomatoes (celery, peas, sweet potato etc would all be good) 

Coconut milk

Salt, pepper, palm sugar and lemon juice.

And here's how it turned out - fantastically well, as well as being cheap, nutritious and very tasty.

I've decided not to name the restaurant where I bought my  disappointing takeaway because the hospitality sector has had such a tough year - but I will drop by and tell them they really need to up their game! 


 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!