Glasgow Council and Glasgow Life


My earlier post about council services in East Renfrewshire reminded that I contacted the Deputy Leader Glasgow City Council (David McDonald) recently to ask a question about Glasgow Life - the council's arms length provider of culture and leisure services.

Cllr McDonald is the chair of Glasgow Life and I contacted him via Twitter to ask whether any of their 2,500 staff had been redeployed into support other council services during lockdown -since Glasgow Life's facilities have been closed since March 2020. 

Now I realise it's not a simple job to redeploy hundreds and thousands of staff, but local people have been unable to access these services for over a year now and it would be good to know what thought has been given, if any, to helping other council services which have been struggling because of Covid.  

I must see if I can find my note to Cllr McDonald who is presumably appointed by City Council to sit on the board of Glasgow Life.


 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!