Glasgow - Equal Pay Update



Here's a great letter from a Home Care worker to the leader of Glasgow City Council, Susan Aitken.

Hi Susan

I am a home carer and I am so annoyed at the way all our workers are being treated, if the tables were turned and we owed money we would have been hauled right up to court and our wages arrested long ago but it is ok for the council to think they can treat us like rubbish, I'm totally appalled and so angry (along with the rest of the workers) with diabolical treatment, it's no way to treat anyone!

DC

Home Carer


The person who wrote to Susan Aitken was a bit anxious that her letter might come across as a bit 'cheeky', but as you can see from all the messages of support on Facebook no one thinks what she had to say was the least bit rude or discourteous.

Just telling the truth and speaking from the heart - which is really great to see!

In fact, a number of Facebook readers say that they felt inspired to write to Susan Aitken as well nd so here, for easy reference, is the council leader's email address: susan.aitken@glasgow.gov.uk

Now I count myself as a 'fan' of Susan Aitken and in many ways she has been a breath of fresh air, though I have to say that senior officials are still calling all the shots - Glasgow may not be appealing to the UK Supreme Court, but little else of substance has changed.

Glasgow's equal pay claimants are no nearer being properly compensated for years of pay discrimination and being treated as second class citizens - than they were at this time last year.      

What's needed to move things forward if you ask me, is some independent involvement and oversight of the settlement process because the City Council's senior officials have a vested interest in trying to rewrite history and 'bury their own mistakes'.


  


Well sed - ure exactly rite xx

G

well said

B

Well said

A

Well done it's so true! !

J

It’s true

L

Not cheeky at all but ever so true they would have arrested our wages 😡

M

Well said

E

Brilliant well done you have said what we are all thinking and every word is true xx

F

What's her email address

J

Very true x

A

No cheek in it

P

Well done hen x

B

exactly right

S

What's her email address I'm sending one too

S

No cheeky just stating Facts Donna xx well done xx hope she listens stupid woman xx😠😠

D

If we're late with council tax they send sherif officers maybe we shd all do that to council they make you laugh

L

Well said D xx

R

Well said x

L

Well said 

D

Show more reactions · Reply · 3h
Whats her e mail address wee all need to send one x

D

Nope not 1 bit cheeky u actually are to polite to her donna well done 👍 x

L

Fair comment - I would say! 

Mark Irvine

Well said

I

Good on you

B

Well said and give us our money that we have been underpaid for decades

E

Good on you straight talking what we are all thinking 👏👏👏

S

Brilliant 👏 xx

L

Well donex

R

I'm a support for learning worker went p/t last year they paid me 3 days per week instead to 2 1/2 days got a phone call saying I owed them money & as it was their fault they would let me pay it back every month felt like saying to them what bout all money you owe me when will I get that

M

Well said D

M

I got a letter saying they had overpaid me £3-14 I and it came off my wages today x

H

Well said D👏👏👏

A

👏👏

C

Not a truer word said nuthn cheeky at all just stating facts well done x

J

Good on you xx

S

I was Gonnae tell them to deduct it off the money they owe me

H

absolutely right last year I was short of paying 98 pence and they sent me a final reminder for it

J

Never said a truer word they ar taking so long and the piss out of us 👏👏

C

Not cheeky why would you think that it’s all true well done 👍 x

C

Not at all cheeky Just stating how you feel Good on you xxx

N

Short,sharp and straight to the point D well done👍

D

Maybe we should all stop paying the bloody council tax, we will pay when we get paid what's owed 😏

A

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!