Glasgow - Equal Pay Update



Lots of readers were throughly unimpressed at the 'know-it-all' attitude of SNP councillor Graham Campbell regarding the fight for equal pay in Glasgow City Council - and here's a selection of what people had to say. 

Shocking. Don't think he will get any our workers voting for him again.

P


Arrogant to say the least! Mayhaps his "at length"girlfriend Ann McLaughlin "SNP"MP should have a talk with him on his obvious lack of manners!

M


Some people just don't possess the art of good manners. It costs nothing and says a lot of the person. This man needs to go and find out how he goes about finding some manners. Especially doing the job he is fortunate to have.

S


Good on you mark😂bet he was mortified. He will be keeking round corners in the future

M


I hope he doesn't take this attitude with all members of the public,if he does,he's in the wrong job,and needs to find a job he's good at,the job he has just now sounds like it's not the job for him,another ignorant MP,Glasgow is full of them!!

M


Not much a people person in the wrong job.com

L


Image may contain: one or more people and text

R


Well maybe this information should be shared with his constituents that put him there. Absolutely no need for that response. If he isn’t interested maybe he is in the wrong job.


D

 



Glasgow - Equal Pay Update (06/03/18)



I forgot to mention in a recent post about visiting Glasgow City Chambers that I bumped into another elected member on my way out of the building - Councillor Graham Campbell from the SNP.

Now I hadn't met Cllr Campbell in the flesh before, but I recognised his photograph from the GCC web site, so I stopped and introduced myself because we had exchanged words, previously, via email, over equal pay.

Regular readers will recall that back in January I received a bizarre note from Cllr Campbell asking me to stop sending him information about the ongoing fight for equal pay in Glasgow City Council.

I queried this at the time, but never received a response so I took the opportunity to ask the councillor why he would behave in such a strange and rude way.

Graham's answer was that as a committed trade unionist he knows all about equal pay and doesn't need information from me or anyone else to help him 'see the wood through the trees'.

As you can imagine, we had a few words over his attitude because I've been involved in fighting for people's employment rights for most of my working life, yet I would never dream of presenting myself as someone who knows all there is to know on the subject.

In fact, I'm still on a steep learning curve and on a very regular basis I come across employers and council bosses who find new ways of trying to wriggle out of their commitments over equal pay or in relation to Freedom of Information requests, for example.

So if you ask me, Cllr Campbell's attitude is both arrogant and foolish, and I suspect he will come unstuck if he behaves in such a smug manner towards local constituents in Glasgow, especially those still fighting the City Council for equal pay.   

Picture Not Available

 



Glasgow - Equal Pay Update (09/01/18)



I said in a post the other day that I had heard back from only one of Glasgow's MSPs and MPs which is true, but I have also received a rather strange email from a local councillor, Cllr Graham Campbell.

Now I've been sending information about the fight for equal pay to all Glasgow councillors, as you would expect, yet this chap asked me not to send him updates and posts from my blog - without even the courtesy of an explanation.

I've never met Graham Campbell, so maybe he was just having an off day.
But no doubt equal pay claimants in the Springburn and Robroyston area will have noted the councillor's apparent disinterest in a matter of such huge importance to local constituents who are still fighting for equal pay.


Dear Graham

I have not received a response to my email dated 1 January 2018 in which I asked you to explain why a elected Glasgow councillor should object to receiving information about the long fight for equal pay with Glasgow City Council.

Action 4 Equality Scotland (A4ES) represents over 80% of the equal pay claimants in Glasgow (the great majority) some of whom are bound to live in the Spingburn and Robroyston area, i.e. the ward which you represent as a local councillor.

As I said in my earlier email, I would expect every Glasgow councillor to take an active interest in this long running dispute regardless of party affiliation and I cannot understand why there should be such disinterest, hostility even, from a member of the SNP.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards


Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Irvine
To: Graham.Campbell
Sent: Mon, Jan 1, 2018 6:46 pm
Subject: Re: Glasgow - Joke of the Year

Dear Graham

Why would I do that exactly?

The information I am sending you is about the long fight for equal pay and I would have thought that would be of interest to every elected councillor in Glasgow - regardless of party affiliation.

Kind regards

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Campbell, Graham (Councillor) (Councillor)

To: Mark Irvine
Sent: Mon, Jan 1, 2018 6:23 pm
Subject: RE: Glasgow - Joke of the Year

Dear Mr Irvine

Please remove my address from your email list.

Thanks in advance

Picture Not Available

 



Here's a track I haven't heard in a long time although I do remember buying myself a copy of Stevie Wonder's 'Innervisions' in the 1970s. 

He's Misstra Know-It-All - Stevie Wonder

He's a man 
With a plan
Got a counterfeit dollar in his hand 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Playin' hard 
Talkin' fast 
Makin' sure that he won't be the last 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Makes a deal 
With a smile 
Knowin' all the time that his lie's a mile 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Must be seen 
There's no doubt 
He's the coolest one with the biggest mouth 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

If you tell him he's livin' fast 
He will say what do you know 
If you had my kind of cash 
You'd have more than one place to go oh 

Oou...oou...oou oou...oou... 

Any place 
He will play 
His only concern is how much you'll pay 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

If he shakes 
On a bet 
He's the kind of dude that won't pay his debt 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

When you say that he's living wrong 
He'll tell you he knows he's livin' right 
And you'd be a stronger man 
if you took Misstra Know-It- All's advice oh oh 

Oou...oou...oou oou...oou... 

He's a man 
With a plan 
Got a counterfeit dollar in his hand 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Take my work 
Please beware 
Of a man that just don't give a care no 
He's Misstra Know-It-All (Look out he's coming) 

Dum bum bum ba bum bum, 
Dum bum bum ba bum bum 
Bum bum bum bum bum Say 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Can this line 
Take his hand 
Take your hat off to the man who's got the plan 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Every boy take your hand 
To the man that's got the plan 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Give a hand to the man 
Don't you know darn well he's got the super plan 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Give a hand to the man 
You know damn well he's got the super plan
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

If we had less of him 
Don't you know we'd have a better land 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

So give a hand to the man 
Although you've given out as much as you can 
He's Misstra Know-It-All 

Check his sound out 
He'll tell it all 
Hey You talk too much you worry me to death 
He's Misstra Know-It-All

 










M


Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence