Bams Versus Bigots



Stewart Robertson is the professional face of Rangers FC and operates as the Ibrox club's managing director. 

Yet Robertson's comments on events surrounding last week's Scottish Cup Final beggar belief if you ask me, because what they really say is 'our fans might be Bigots but they're not as bad as your Bams'. 

Here's what Mr Robertson told The Herald newspaper the other day about a notorious sectarian song chanted regularly by the lumpen element of Rangers fans:

“If I recall correctly, the Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

“We don’t condone that kind of behaviour. However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over the wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I would choose.

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.”

No wonder the problem of sectarianism in Scottish football is not going away anytime soon. 

    

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence