Glasgow's Rubbish


For the umpteenth time I've had to get in touch with Glasgow City Council - to complain that the building's recycling bins haven't been emptied.

But what do you think the council person said in response to my most recent complaint - to the refuse collection service.

Incredibly the council person explained - with disarming honesty - that Glasgow City Council was not really keen on all this recycling business - that it's the government that makes them do it - otherwise they wouldn't bother.

And the reason that people's recycling bins are often left unemptied - is that if they get a bit behind with the 'normal' refuse collection - then the crews just leave the recycling bins alone and concentrate instead on their 'real' work. 

Can you believe that?

Now if residents complain, they go back and do what they should  have done in the first place - but only if people complain and make a big fuss.

Now I don't believe that this nonsense is the official view of Glasgow City Council - but I do believe it's the way the system works - because I've experienced the same problem so many times.

So it must be time to raise the issue at a more senior level - with some people who actually take the issue seriously. 

Because I'm a real convert to recycling - if you get organised, the amount of 'rubbish' that you throw out is actually very small - maybe one small bag a week.

And if you go most anywhere in continental Europe - recycling is made very easy with colour coded bins everywhere - handily dotted around the public streets.

So I think I'll be getting in touch with my local Glasgow councillor - to say I've got a few fireworks left over from Guy Fawkes Night - and that the council's refuse collection service needs a rocket - up its arse.    

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence