Oh Happy Day

John Kafunda, 22, of Ilford, and Reece Donovan, 24, of Romford
The BBC reports today that two men have been found guilty of robbing the young Malaysian student Ashraf Rossli - as they pretended to help him during last summer's riots in London.

Ashraf had his jaw broken in an unprovoked attack and as he lay bleeding and dazed on the ground two thugs - John Kafunda (22) and Reece Donovan (24) - stole items from his bag while pretending to help the injured student.

Both were found guilty earlier today of robbery and violent disorder - and they were caught because some quick think passer by recorded the scenes on a mobile phone - which were subsequently posted on YouTube.

Kafunda and Donovan stole a portable Sony PlayStation and 10 games worth £500 - vile thiefs the two of them masquerading as good Samaritans - and having finally be found guilty both will be sentenced later this month.

Ashraf Rossli told the court:

"I knew they were stealing from me but I could do nothing. 

I was sat on the pavement with blood pouring from my mouth.

I remember being approached by a male who asked if I was OK. I remember being pulled to my feet, then I felt someone again tugging at my rucksack.

I was not in a position to defend myself and was still suffering from the effects of being hit. Once they had taken what they wanted they left."

Ashraf was on his way to a friend's house when his bicycle was stolen - he was punched in the face which broke his jaw in two places.

The man who attacked him - Beau Isagba (17) has already been found guilty of assault and of stealing Ashraf's bike.

Beau Isagba will be sentenced on 9 March - and the other two goons on 13 March 2012.

Some people have tried to defend and even justify the widespread violence which took place in London that day - as a reaction to the police shooting of Mark Duggan in Tottenham earlier that day.

But the people who attacked and stole from Ashraf Rossli were simply scumbags - to call a spade a spade.

So I will raise a glass tonight to toast the health of the young Malaysian - I hope he's got his smile back after such a terrible experience. 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence