Leading By Example


I almost fainted when I read the report about a Labour MP - Marsha Singh - who has said that he is resigning from his parliamentary in the Bradford West constituency. 

The reason being that Mr Singh is seriously ill - and says that he does not deserve to be paid as an MP - if he can't carry out his duties properly.

Well I take my hat off to Mr Singh for doing the right thing - I'm sure he could have hung around for months or even years.

Yet he has decided to do the right thing by his local constituents - both those who voted for him and others that did not.

And his actions will now trigger a by-election in Bradford West.

"I have been increasingly ill over a period time last year and had a very serious illness and was admitted to hospital," Mr Singh told his local paper - the Telegraph and Argus.

"I have come to a very painful conclusion to announce my retirement because I'm in the job to serve my constituents and if I can't do that I don't deserve to be paid for the job."

"They don't deserve that and I can't let them down."

To my mind Mr Singh's example shames other Labour MPs who are evidently not givng their all to their local constituents - including David Miliband, Gordon Brown and Eric Joyce.

So I would like to compliment this MP for doing the right thing - for a change.

I wish Mt Singh well for the future and hope he makes a full recovery from his illness. 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence