Ask Dr Ozzy


Ask Dr Ozzy had an ecletic mix of queries to answer this week - and from all over the world as well.

I especially like his answer about the difficulty of deciphering a doctor's handwriting - which chimes with my experience.

I think the ability to write in an illegible spidery hand - must be an essential part of their long years ot training.

Dear Dr Ozzy

I’ve been asked if I want to read my doctor’s private notes about me as part of a local open healthcare trial. Should I say yes? Or are we better off not knowing some things?

Trev, Bolton

Doctors have seen this one coming for a long time. That’s why they communicate in a secret language called “doctor’s handwriting”. My doc could write “Ozzy is an asshole” on his pad and I wouldn’t know any better. I’d think he was telling me to take an aspirin.

Dr Ozzy

Dear Dr Ozzy

When something happens that annoys me, I smile and nod, then go home and vent to my boyfriend, instead of making my feelings known to those causing the problem. Why can’t I express myself? Is there a cure that doesn’t involve therapy?

Arwen, Canada

When someone pisses off Sharon, she’ll be back with a rebuttal in an instant. Me? I’ll be replaying the scene in my head a week later, wondering what I should have done. There’s a simple cure: being blasted out of your mind on booze 24 hours a day. Sadly, that might cause other problems (see my answer to the next question).

Dr Ozzy

Dear Dr Ozzy

I have a nervous tic that involves my right hand shooting up in a manner that suggests a Nazi salute. It’s very embarrassing. What should I do?

Terry, Brazil

Well... let’s start with the obvious: Don’t ever go to Germany. Or Israel. Here’s my prescription: try carrying a dumbbell in the hand with the tic. When the spasm kicks in, the weight should stop your arm from rising. Either that or you’ll end up throwing a heavy object across a crowded room. Let me know how it goes.

Dr Ozzy

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP Hypocrites Have No Shame

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence