Unlucky For Some


A regular reader from America has been in touch to say that Mitt Romney's elections chances are now toast.

The reason being the tag line which I came up with yesterday - Mr 13.9% - adds up to an unlucky omen since 1 + 3 + 9 = 13 which - for some folks - is a number to be avoided at all costs.

Now I'm not sure if I agree with the thought process involved here - because it's really just superstitious mumbo jumbo.

I have a friend who's lucky number is 13 - in fact he bets on it all the time and doesn't even stay indoors on Friday 13th, the mad fool - yet he's still alive and breathing - and not living in penury as far as I know.

So while I agree with the blog site visitor from America - I think Mitt Romney's toast for a different reason.

And that is he's been caught out - the Millionaire Mormon from Massachusetts (MMMM for short) - was caught out dissembling - not lying outright, but failing to come clean over his tax affairs. 

Then lo and behold he really does have something to hide - so almost overnight Mitt  starts to look shifty and untrustworthy - as far as the potential voters are concerned.

The problem is that all this might achieve is to propel the even shiftier and crazier - Newt Gingrich - towards the Republican nomination and his chance at the American Presidency.

In one sense what do I care - because I wouldn't vote for either Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich if I had a vote in America.

But a victory for old Newt would be a further sign that Republican politics is becoming even more fundamentalist - moving even further to the right.

And to my mind  that would be a bad for America - and the rest of the world.     

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence