Yes! We Have No Bananas

Sky UK says 'we're going bananas for the gorgeous gentle giants', but I couldn't see a single banana anywhere in sight!

 

"Yes! We Have No Bananas" (25/02/21)


I do love a topical song and in this case Billy Jones sings: "Yes! We Have No Bananas."

Recorded in 1922 but still relevant in Scotland today.

 

More Bananas (25/02/21)


More banana related stories - which reminds me I must share my recipe on the blog!

    

My Mum's Banana Loaf (14/01/21)

Another Banana and Blueberry loaf hot out of the oven.

I'm getting quite good at this - recipe to follow.


 

   

Banana and Blueberry Bread (20/11/20)



Here's my latest effort at making my Mum's Banana Bread which is more of a moist cake really, especially as this one has some blueberries added to complement the dates and bananas. 

Recipe to follow.



  

My Mum's Banana Loaf (01/11/20)


 
My Mum was a really good cook and one of the things I remember fondly was a scrumptious Banana Loaf made with All Bran.

After all these years I've finally got round to making one of my own although my version has been jazzed up a little, courtesy of some chopped dates and walnuts.

My only regret is that my Mum is not here to share a slice with me over a nice cup of tea - I'm sure she'd be pleased with my efforts even though I say so myself.






























  

My Final Banana Related Post of the Day

Andrew Neil's take on the Scottish Government's handling of the Salmond inquiry - worth a read.

 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence