Why Are We Waiting?


Here's my latest email to the head of Scotland's civil service - Sir Peter Housden.

Quite why I should have to fight so hard just to get the Scottish Government to abide by the time limits laid down in its own FOISA legislation - is a mystery.

But I have at least now written to my local Holyrood MSP and contacted the Scottish Information Commissioner - to see if they can help.

Dear Sir Peter

FOISA Complaint

I refer to my email dated 23 May 2013

I thought you would like to know that another week has gone by and my FOISA request from 3 April 2013 is now an incredible 28 days overdue. Now this is a glaring breach of the Scottish Government's own legislation, but I would also like to point out that have heard nothing further from your staff as to when my FOISA request is likely to be answered which I find rather rude and unprofessional.

My next port of call will be to seek the help of my local MSP and assistance from the Scottish Information Commissioner - as well as continuing to share my frustration with the wider public via my blog site which you can read at: www.action4equalityscotland.blogspot.com

Kind regards



Mark Irvine

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence