Council Yes Men


If the trade unions in South Lanarkshire had any sense - they'd listen to what their members are saying about the unions' spineless behaviour over equal pay.

For example, here's a typical comment sent to me by a regular reader which I imagine sums up the views of many union members locally:

"The union as far as I'm concerned are just a bunch of yes men to the fat cat directors etc.

As far as I am concerned the majority of them are for themselves and not the people they are supposed to represent. Quite a lot of us are thinking of withdrawing from the unions.

JA"

Now I can't say I'm surprised - because that's my experience of how far too many union reps have behaved as well.

So it will be interesting to hear what the trade unions have to say for themselves in the days ahead.

Because up until now they have been very firmly on the side of the council and senior management - even giving evidence in support of the council's position at last year's Employment Tribunal - which ruled that the council's job evaluation scheme was 'not to be relied upon'.

As ever, I'm more than happy to debate the issues via the blog site - or in person even if I were to get an invite to a local members meeting, for example.

Now that would be fun - and no doubt very interesting to boot.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence