Weasel Words


The Labour peer - Lord Ahmed - who was caught out using offensive and racist languge during an interview in his native Pakistan - has apologised for his behaviour.

See post dated 15 March 2013 - 'Noble' Lord

The only problem is that the apology offered by this peer of the realm makes no sense whatsoever - and even the term 'weasel words' does not do justice to what this idiot had to say for himself - which was as follows:

"I only believe in facts and to be honest I should have stuck with the facts rather than with conspiracy theories" - he told The Huffington Post and later reiterated his apology to the Press Association.

Apparently when Lord Ahmed saw the video on The Times website of the interview (which he he says was given two or three years ago) he said:

"I was horrified... I could not believe that this was me."

Asked if he had a message for Labour leader Ed Miliband, Lord Ahmed said:

"He's of the Jewish faith and I'm sorry that I embarrassed him or anyone else in the Labour Party"before adding - "I'm particularly sorry to all my colleagues in the House of Lords and in the House of Commons because one thing many of them know is that I'm not anti-Semitic or a conspiracy theorist."

The Times reported that Lord Ahmed's comments came in a television interview - thought to have been broadcast in April last year (2012) - while he was on a visit to Pakistan.

Now why this man is still in the Labour party is beyond me - he should have been thrown out on his ear a long time ago and not just because of what he said originally.

Because Lord Ahmed's apology is a disgrace, doesn't square with the facts and is a blatant attempt to duck responsibility for what he said - when he thought the coast was clear.   

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!