Where Has All The Money Gone?

 

I had an interesting Twitter chat with Frenchie (a 40 year indy supporter) who was strangely incurious about how Scotland's Covid funds have been spent.

Yet it seems entirely reasonable to ask: what was Scotland's share of the UK total, how were funds allocated and how have they been spent?

After all it’s public money and as members of the public we ought to be entitled to know without waiting until after the election.

  


Conversation

Best wishes to businesses opening up today. Recent months have been tough, but your sacrifices have helped save lives - thank you. To those heading to shops/cafes/pubs today - enjoy! But please take care and respect staff asking you to take precautions for your own safety.
438
10.1K
The Scottish Government has siphoned Covid relief funds away from struggling business, but hey - here's a tweet to show that irony is not dead!
3
36
I've shared a number of specific examples on my blog, but the most telling evidence is the absence of a detailed report from Scottish Ministers explaining where all the Covid relief funds have been allocated and subsequently spent. The lack of transparency is quite staggering
1
1
I only know that as a business - I have had funds and numerous businesses I know have been the same - I have not seen evidence anywhere to tell me otherwise - who are you to ask for reports on spending?Why not ask the councils - they were allocated the monies to distribute funds!
1
Do you know a) the total Covid relief funds received and spent by ScotGov? b) the total allocated and actually spent by councils? c) the balance allocated and spent by other organisations? And as it’s public money I’m asking as a member of the public which seems reasonable to me
1
1
No, I think Scottish Ministers should be providing this information in the interests of openness and transparency when it comes to public money. Don’t you agree?
1
1
I’m sure they will like all governments and businesses who will have accountants/auditors - doing this work - I don’t know if Scot Gov will give this information so why don’t you ask? Most people I know have been thankful for the help!!
1
The Scottish Government treats all information requests as formal FOI requests which take months to be answered. Don’t you agree that Scottish Ministers should be required to explain where all this public Covid money has gone as a matter of routine, eg with the Covid vaccine?
1

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence