Kippers, Red Herrings and Bent Coppers

There were more red herrings in last night's Line of Duty 6 than you get in a box of kippers.

For example, why would Kate let Jo take the rap for taking out Karl Pilkington, the dirty murdering rat?

Doesn't make any sense if you ask me, although I'll admit that I do find it hard to suspend my normal sense of disbelief.

Seems like we'll have to wait until next week to find out how many of these coppers are bent and if good old Ted is one of them.



Line of Duty - Round 6 (25/04/21)

 

So I'm all clued up for tonight's episode of Line of Duty thanks to my friend Jan in London, the big issues being:

1) Is Kate Fleming alive?

2) Is Jo Davidson related to 'Definately'?

3) Is Marcus Thurwell going to reappear?

4) Who benefited from Gail Vella's murder?

5) Is Steve suspicious of Ted Hastings again?

Unfortunately I don't have the foggiest as to what some of these questions mean, but I'll tune in again this evening in the hope of finding out. 

 

Line of Duty - Round 5 (18/04/21)

 

My friend Jan tells me that a big personality is set to join Round 5 of LoD tonight.

My money's on either Ant or Dec, but I suppose I'll have to tun in again to find out.

Jan also alerted me to the roaring trade the Brooklyn Cafe in Shawlands is doing with with its new range of LoD biscuits. 

I must get some! 


 


Line of Duty - Round 4 (11/0421)

Well, I'm much better prepared tonight thanks to my friend Jan who sent me a whole number of useful LoD links which dissected Episode 3 to within an inch of its life - and then some.

So here are some of the questions/clues you need to be on the look out for this evening, apparently:

Is Chloe Bishop related to Tony Gates? (who he?)

Who is Jackie Laverty? (haven't a clue)

Who hired that dodgy witness? (don't know - which dodgy witness?) 

Is Kate involved in all of this somehow? (definitely)

And just how dodgy is Jo, really? (who's Jo?)

Will Steve be fired? (hopefully)

Is Kate deep undercover? (makes sense) 

Who killed Gail Vella? (no idea)

Did Jo keep Farida's house keys so she could set her up? (yes, she's a wrong 'un)

Why is Stephanie Corbett back? (who is Stephanie Corbett?)

Are Jo and Kate dating now? (seems likely) 

And that's just some of them - there's a while industry out there dedicated to this stuff, mad as it seems.

Anyway the other thing Jan told me is that the caravan lady from Gogglebox is called Jenny (from Hull) - I'm sure she's got it all worked out.

 


Line of Duty - Round 3 (04/04/21)

My friend Jan is keeping me right with the all the twists and turns involved in Line of Duty.

Apparently a Regulation 15 Notice (which was mentioned last week) is to advise an officer, as soon as practicable, that a complaint has been made or a conduct matter has come to light that warrants an investigation by the professional standards department.

I think the Scottish Government could probably have done with something like this years ago to aid their in-house harassment enquiries, but I digress.

Also Ryan Pilkington (who he?) has returned for season 6 and is likely to cause even more trouble for AC-12 in the weeks ahead.

Finally Steve (the Martin Compston character I think) has a new girlfriend (Chloe) who could be the the daughter of Tony Gates (who he?) using a different surname.

If things continue like this I think I'll get myself a notepad, like the caravan lady from Gogglebox.  

 


Line of Duty - Losing the Plot (27/03/21)


I told my friend Jan in London that I had a bit of trouble following the plot line in the new series of Line of Duty.

So Jan kindly sent me a Line of Duty bingo card to keep me fully focused on things tomorrow night. 

 


CHIS - WTF, Line of Duty? (22/03/21) 

OK, so I did tune in to Line of Duty last night and it was better that the trailer below suggested, but I have to admit I was baffled by the extensive questioning of a suspect who was clearly not a 'dangerous criminal mastermind' and by the acronym CHIS.

WTF, Line of Duty?  

 


Line of Duty (20/03/21)

I'm afraid to say the new season of 'Line of Duty' seems to have lost a bit of its edge, so I won't be tuning in tomorrow night.

 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence