Glasgow Councillors - Michelle Ferns


One of Michelle Ferns Glasgow council colleagues has been in touch to suggest that the new ALBA councillor would struggle to write 10 words (never mind a 1,000) about her role in the city's fight for equal pay.

I would say that's about right, but if you ask me this kind of terrible behaviour brings politics into disrepute. 

 


Glasgow Councillors (15/04/21)

 

I wrote to Cllr Michelle Ferns recently inviting Michelle to explain her role in Glasgow's fight for equal pay - by writing an article for my blog of up to 1,000 words.    

I didn't hear from Michelle, so I contacted her fellow councillors to see if they can help track her down. 

Local councillors in Glasgow are paid a minimum salary of £17,854 for a part-time (two-thirds) role which equates to a full-time salary of £26,781.

As regular readers know, Michelle was an SNP councillor until last month, but jumped ship recently to Alex and the Albanauts.


Dear Glasgow Councillor

Cllr Michelle Ferns - Glasgow Fight for Equal Pay

I contacted Cllr Michelle Ferns last week and invited her to write an article of up to 1,000 words for my blog on her role in delivering the Glasgow's equal pay settlement in 2019.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from Cllr Ferns who, to be fair, may be out campaigning in the Scottish Parliament elections instead of dealing with routine council enquiries.

So if you are in touch with Cllr Ferns, I would be grateful if you could remind her to check her council emails and point out that I am waiting for her to respond. 
 
Many thanks for your help.


Mark Irvine


Dear Cllr Ferns 

Glasgow's Fight for Equal Pay

I was intrigued by the media coverage yesterday which suggested that you played a role in delivering the equal pay settlement reached with Glasgow City Council in 2019.

I have been involved in Glasgow's fight for equal pay since 2005 and I know just about everyone who has been played a significant part in this campaign, for good or ill, over the past two decades.

So in case I have missed or overlooked something, I would like to invite you to elaborate on your involvement in the Glasgow settlement by writing up to a maximum of 1,000 words for my blog.

I will be delighted to share this with my readers and look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Kind regards


Mark Irvine

Contact details



 


Glasgow's Fight for Equal Pay (31/03/21)

 

I've invited Cllr Michelle Ferns (formerly with the SNP but now an Alba councillor) to elaborate on her role in delivering Glasgow's equal pay settlement in 2019 - by writing up to 1,000 words for the blog site.

I can hardly wait - should make fascinating reading.

Dear Cllr Ferns 

Glasgow's Fight for Equal Pay

I was intrigued by the media coverage yesterday which suggested that you played a role in delivering the equal pay settlement reached with Glasgow City Council in 2019.

I have been involved in Glasgow's fight for equal pay since 2005 and I know just about everyone who has been played a significant part in this campaign, for good or ill, over the past two decades.

So in case I have missed or overlooked something, I would like to invite you to elaborate on your involvement in the Glasgow settlement by writing up to a maximum of 1,000 words for my blog.

I will be delighted to share this with my readers and look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Kind regards


Mark Irvine

 


Alex and the Albanauts (29/03/21)

I can honestly say I've never heard of Cllr Michelle Ferns who claims to have played a role in delivering Glasgow's equal pay settlement in 2019.

Apparently Cllr Ferns was a SNP councillor during this historic battle, but decided to jump ship recently and join 'Alex and the Albanauts'.


At the risk of bursting Michelle's bubble can I point out that Glasgow's equal pay dispute is not over and that one of the first things the SNP led council did in 2017 was to appeal to the Court of Session in an effort to overturn the decision that its pay arrangements were unlawful and discriminatory.


 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!