Questions for the First Minister

I had to cancel Christmas with my daughter because the Scottish Government's advice was to stay at home and that 'Christmas bubbles' (i.e. meeting with family) applied only on Christmas Day itself.

Here's an extract of the official advice from the ScotGov website (see full details via the link below): 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-festive-period/:

"Guidance covering Christmas and New Year

"Christmas bubbles applied on Christmas day only. They will not apply at Hogmanay and New Year. All of mainland Scotland will be in Level 4 over Hogmanay and New Year...

"As part of the Level 4 and 3 restrictions you are legally required to remain within your local authority area, except for essential purposes such as caring responsibilities."

Yet Kenny MacAskill traveled out of his local authority area of East Lothian all the way to Speyside - and according to the East Lothian Courier the cheeky beggar's still there!

"At Christmas, my daughter was returning from Aberdeen University to what is her home and, before lockdown, I travelled north so my wife and I could spend Christmas with her.

“Continued lockdown has seen me require to remain there, other than on two occasions when I've returned for medical-related appointments.

“On each occasion I followed the rules and guidance.

“I look forward to the lifting of restrictions when I'll be able to return to reside in Dunbar."


Now I can't see how it's possible for Kenny MacAskill to have followed the same rules and guidance as me, but maybe someone could ask the First Minister to explain at one of her future Covid briefings. 

  

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence