Bollocks to Bollards

Lots of readers have been in touch to say that the bollards which have sprung up all over Glasgow city centre have been put there to create new bike lanes.

Well if so, they're the biggest waste of money ever because no one uses them and here are a couple of recent photos to prove my point.

Glasgow's bikers don't use them - they continue to cycle straight across George Square and/or use the pavements.  



 


Glasgow Traffic Bollards (22/01/21)


Does anyone know what these traffic bollards in Glasgow city centre are all about? - they first appeared weeks ago, but their purpose remains a mystery (to me at least).

At first I thought they were new bike lanes though I've never seen any cyclists using them - instead they all charge straight across George Square.

So do drop me a note if you know the answer -markirvine@compuserve.com 

 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!