Who Do You Think You Are?



I've started looking into my family tree and just as the TV programme demonstrates the search for your roots throws up some great surprises.

For example, I always understood that my mother's father was an orphan, but I've managed to trace his mother and father which suggests things are a bit more complicated than they first appeared.

I also knew very little about my own father's side of the family, but I've also managed to find his Dad who was born in Maryhill in 1895 and his Grandad (my great grandad) who seems to hail from the same north west part of Glasgow.

No doubt I can look forward to many more hours of fun and painstaking searches in the weeks ahead.

  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!