Jamie Who?



On the same day that Jeremy Corbyn was elected Labour leader another Labour MP, Jamie Reed, resigned from his position as shadow health minister.

When he was asked live on BBC news to respond to this development, the former deputy prime minister, Lord John Prescott, replied disparagingly:

"Who is Jamie Reed? Is he in our party?"

Now I was not familiar with the name Jamie Reed, but then again I'm not in the Labour Party and nor have I been taking a keen interest in its leadership contest which Lord Prescott has, of course, up to and including telling other party members to watch their language and not to engage in verbal abuse.

So I laughed to myself at Lord Prescott's double standards and bullying behaviour towards another Labour colleague because it reminded me so much of how some of my Unison colleagues behaved when I resigned from the Scottish Labour Party back in 1999.

"Mark who?" they cried as if I had not been part of the NUPE and Unison delegations to every Scottish Labour Party conference throughout the 1990s.  

As far as political spin is concerned the Labour 'high command', if that's the right phrase, is just as bad as ever and if you ask me, there's no sign of the leopard changing its spots no matter what Jeremy Corbyn and his chums have to say. 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!