Linfield University - School of Business

I have arranged a visit to the School of Business at Linfield University next week to meet the Dean, Dr Jennifer Madden.

I'm really looking forward to this meeting - I have a BA in Business Studies from what is now known as Glasgow Caledonian University so I'll be interested to learn about the set up in McMinnville

I was in contact with Dr Madden last year over a Mr Steven Ryan and his bogus claim to have been appointed as an Advisory Board Member of the Business School. 

Complete baloney of course which led to me sharing this post on LinkedIn.

Beware of Fantasists on LinkedIn - Linfield University School of Business
I had a great laugh to myself as I read Steven Ryan's self-aggrandizing post in which he made himself out to be a important member of the business/education community in McMinnville:
"I'm pleased to announce that I will be joining the Linfield School of Business in the fall as an Advisory Board Member. The opportunity will include curriculum development, mentorship and thought leadership. I'm very grateful for yet another opportunity to serve the community that I love."
Given my prior knowledge of Steven Ryan, my Spidey-sense was tingling like mad and my baloney detector was off-the-scale, so I decided to write to the Dean of the Business School, Dr Jennifer R Madden, to query the nature of this odd-sounding new 'appointment'.
The Dean of the Business School replied quickly to confirm that:
"Steven Ryan is NOT on the Linfield University Business Advisory Council"
Dr Madden went on to explain that Steven Ryan's claim to be serving as an Advisory Board Member is completely bogus, an "exaggeration and overstatement" and that all Steven Ryan did was to participate in a student panel which provided feedback for an online course - in return for a discount on his course fee.
Jeezo!
I hold Steven Ryan in very poor regard, but I never thought he'd be dumb enough to boast on social media about "joining the Linfield School of Business in the fall" - since this claim is false, a brazen lie which makes Steven Ryan look like a complete schmuck.
What a ridiculous, dishonest thing to say - I wonder if this online course was paid for by Mr Ryan's employer and if it was conducted during work time? If so, he's making an even bigger chump of himself and making Ricoh (his employer) look foolish with his baloney claims on social media.
I am making a point of sharing this news more widely because I believe folks should know that Steven Ryan does not just have a Walter Mitty-style problem about telling the truth - he has a serious 'personal integrity' problem.

Mark Irvine

 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP Hypocrites Have No Shame

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence