Rictus Grin



Embarrassingly, the chap in this photograph with the rictus grin has a connection with Scotland: Ben Innes is a health and safety auditor, apparently, and lives in Aberdeen although he hails originally from Leeds.
In any event, Ben was caught up in the hijacking of an Egyptian plane which ended up in Cyprus, courtesy of some lovelorn idiot wearing a fake suicide vest while pretending to be a terrorist.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper (who else?) Ben explained his pride in the unexpected 'holiday' snap.
“I’m not sure why I did it, I just threw caution to the wind while trying to stay cheerful in the face of adversity. I figured if his bomb was real I’d nothing to lose anyway, so took a chance to get a closer look at it.
“I got one of the cabin crew to translate for me and asked him if I could do a selfie with him. He just shrugged OK, so I stood by him and smiled for the camera while a stewardess did the snap. It has to be the best selfie ever."
But what I don't get is how can it be a 'selfie' if he didn't take the photo himself?


Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!