Life on Mars



I have to admit don't understand all the fuss that's made when someone in the public eye declares their support for a Yes or a No vote in forthcoming referendum on Scottish independence.

David Bowie is the latest example, but the same nonsense raised its head when the First Minister, Alex Salmond, waved a Scottish flag at Wimbledon last summer to celebrate Andy Murray winning the men's singles championship - for the first time in a zillion years.

What's wrong with people? - I ask myself.

David Bowie is entitled to his view even if I would be particularly persuaded one way or the other by his argument - "Scotland stay with us" - which wasn't even delivered personally, but on his behalf by the supermodel, Kate Moss, at the Brit Awards the other evening.

I'll finally decide whether to vote Yes or No on the basis of whether the Holyrood Parliament or the Westminster Parliament will govern in my best interests going forward - and David Bowie's views will not influence me in the slightest.

All I know is that David Bowie hasn't produced any music I really like since the 1970s although to be fair I haven't heard his latest offering which won him the Brit Award and which has caused so much controversy for all the wrong reasons.

So to celebrate better times, musically speaking at least, I thought I'd post one of Bowie's best songs in my humble opinion - Life on Mars.
  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!