Keynes Lives


I was in Edinburgh the other day and much to my surprise - in these days of austerity - I found the spirit of John Maynard Keynes alive and well.

Because I came across lots of men digging up Edinburgh roads that have been dug up before - in similar fashion to what Keynes suggested all those years ago.

Which was that there a lot to be said - in an economic recession - for keeping people gainfully employed - even it means them digging up holes in the road and filling them back in again.

As far as I can see Edinburgh's much criticised 'trams project' seems to have taken the Keynsian straight to its heart - though whether it's worth the £750 million of public money involved is another argument altogether.

In other words Edinburgh's road works seems never ending. 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!