Skip to main content

Voting With Her feet



In recent months there has been an exodus of members  leaving the Labour Party, apparently because of Jeremy Corbyn and his stubborn refusal to take the fight to the Tories over Brexit.

Journalist Caitlin Moran has certainly 'voted with her feet' and you can read about her reasons for doing so via the following link to The Times newspaper.   

  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/caitlin-moran-a-political-epiphany-3n0rz6zsh?


Caitlin Moran: a political epiphany?

‘It’s 2am: I go online and cancel my long-term standing order to the Labour Party’


2am I’m tired. I’m furious. This is it – I’m going to have to leave the Labour Party. I’ve just spent two hours online stockpiling tuna, chickpeas and dried milk for Brexit – a Brexit only happening on such a mad, shit-show schedule because Labour whipped the vote for us to leave on March 29. Why? Why? A child could tell you we were never, ever going to be ready for it. I can’t respect a party that would just go along with what history books will, categorically, refer to as “The Great Political Bin Fire of 2019”. I have no faith that this is all part of some secret Labour tactical genius. Also, I hate secret tactics, anyway. What was wrong with a politics where people just stood up and said what their plan actually was? These are demented times. I can’t stand being in a country where a huge part of political analysis would currently rely on scrying the innards of a goose. F*** it. I’m not stockpiling geese, as well.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence