Glasgow Litter - Not A Bottle In Sight

What an ugly mess - Queen's Crescent in Glasgow, just round the corner from St George Cross subway station. 

Not a bottle in sight.

I have to say I'm not convinced that spending all this money on a bottle return scheme is the priority in Glasgow - where the big problem is dumped household rubbish and paper/cardboard litter.

Scotland's Ruinous Return Scheme (March 03, 2023)

The Times also has an excellent, informative article on the operation of the Scottish Government's ruinous Deposit Return Scheme (DRS).  

In my personal experience glass recycling is something that most people take seriously and support, so I don't get why it's such a central part of the SNP/Green ScotGov scheme.

I buy most of my glass bottles from a supermarket and a store which are 2 miles away and they all get delivered these days.

I got rid of my car, unlike SNP/Green ministers who get chauffeured around, but I can tell you I won't be carrying all my bottles back to the same stores from which they were bought.


Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP Hypocrites Have No Shame

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence