Social Media and Ill Advised Comments

It's not just the occasional tweet that Ruth Wishart gets wrong, of course.

Here's a good example of some ill advised and false comments Ruth Wishart made on her blog about me and the fight for equal pay in Glasgow City Council.

Apology and Correction Duly Noted (April 03, 2019)



Setting the record straight has been a feature of the long fight for equal pay - here's the latest example in which a journalist (Ruth Wishart) made some false and defamatory statements about me and Glasgow City Council's discriminatory pay arrangements.  

I'm pleased to say that Ruth agreed to correct the comments she made by issuing the following apology on her blog, Twitter and Facebook.

Mr Mark Irvine.

Since publishing my blog article “The Men Pulling The Equal Pay Strings on October 24th, I have been contacted by Mark Irvine of Action 4 Equality Scotland. 


Mr Irvine points out that he was not responsible in any way for the discriminatory pay arrangements operated by Glasgow City Council, and that he had left Unison’s Employment in November 1999, ie several years before the WPBR scheme was introduced. 

Mr Irvine has also pointed out that both he and Stefan Cross QC have played a key role in challenging and overturning the City Council’s discriminatory pay arrangements. 

I accept entirely the points that Mr Irvine has made and apologise to him without reservation. 

I am happy to set the record straight and am sharing this post with my followers on Twitter and Facebook.

Ruth Wishart


I responded to Ruth on Twitter by saying that her apology and correction were 'duly noted'.

   

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!