Glasgow - Equal Pay Medals


Lots of people have been in touch to request a Glasgow equal pay medal. 

I'm afraid I don't have any left - I've given them all away after making three separate trips to the Memorial Bench in George Square.

If I come across any more, I will let folks know via the blog though I have to say think that's quite unlikely at this stage. 

 


Glasgow - Equal Pay Medals (20/06/20)



Well that's me done with the Glasgow equal pay medals after three separate visits to the Memorial Bench in George Square.

The rain stayed away (only just yesterday) and it was great to see so many familiar faces again.

Thanks to everyone who made the journey into town or asked a friend to collect a medal on their behalf.

 


Glasgow - Equal Pay Medals (15/06/20)



So here are the arrangements for Glasgow claimants to pick up their equal pay medals - while observing social distancing, of course.

I will be at Memorial Bench in George Square on the following dates and times.
  • Thursday 18 June - 2pm 
  • Friday 19 June - 5pm
  • Saturday 20th June - 12noon
I've had requests from the following individuals and have set medals aside for all those named below.

K McKain

Karen Wilson

Helen McFadyen

Catherine Campbell

Catherine Doherty

Elizabeth Cameron

Rosemarie Docherty

Clair Hynds

Ann McDowall

Robina Drummond

Margaret Gillan

Caroline Logan 

Nicola Flanagan 

Linda Baker

Annette Gallacher 

Mary Armstrong

Marguerite McGugan

Irene Storrie

Yvonne Corrigan

Karen Coia

Trisca Van den Bosch

Julie McMillan

Josie Ravey

Libby Hannah

Carol McG

Susan Sharpe

Evelyn McCulloch

Tricia Wright

Catherine Doherty

Asleigh Gordon

Sandra Thomson

Sheila Quill

Carole Stanway

Bryan McFadyen

Lynn Ferguson

Lynn Allan

D F Carroll

Angela McBurney

Fiona Tracey

Karen Dempster

Sandra Burns

Mary McPartlin

Sharon Ross

 


Glasgow - Equal Pay Medals (13/06/20)


Lots of Glasgow claimants have been in touch to request a 'keepsake' Equal Pay medal.

I plan to post some dates and times on the blog next week, so that people can collect their medals by meeting me at the Memorial Bench in George Square.

Weather permitting, of course, so watch this space for more details.

 


Glasgow - Equal Pay Medals (10/06/20)


Guess what I came across the other day while I was having a long-overdue office clean out?

A box of A4ES Equal Pay medals from last year's 'PayFest' party at the Barrowland ballroom which were intended as a keepsake for the claimants who came along on the night.

So if there are any Glasgow claimants out there who'd like one, drop me a note with your name, postal address and contact phone number. 

My email address is - markirvine@compuserve.com

I will arrange to drop them off to people at the Memorial Bench in George Square, but once they're gone, they're gone - on the basis of first come, first served.

The inscription around the edge of the medal says:

Glasgow's Long Fight For Equal Pay

Action 4 Equality Scotland, GMB, Unison


 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!