Nothing to Hide? (2)

We’ve had a great response from our readers in South Lanarkshire – regarding the history of the Land Services Operative 3 (Level 2) post - see post dated 1 July 2009.

According to people within the council who know the history of what happened with this new 'single status' job – it clearly does exist - contrary to what the council said in response to our original information request.

So, we have now asked for an official review of the council’s initial response – and if that doesn’t elicit a proper answer – then an appeal will follow to the Scottish Information Commissioner.

Here’s a summary of the latest Freedom of Information letter to South Lanarkshire Council:


Dear South Lanarkshire Council

FOI Review Request

I refer to the attached letter from Sheila McKenzie, Council Personnel Officer, dated 19 June 2009.

I have to say to you that I consider the council’s response to my FOI request to be deliberately misleading, obstructive and unhelpful.

My understanding is that a post of Land Services Operative (LSO) 3 (Level 2) does exist, contrary to the statement contained in Ms McKenzie’s letter of 19 June 2009.

Furthermore, I understand that this post absorbed a number of previous jobs from the pre-single status regime namely: Gardener 4, LGV Driver, 1st Assistant Green Keeper and Refuse Driver – all of which were paid at the same old Grade of MW 4.

My original request, therefore, makes perfect sense and I fail to see how it requires any further clarification.

I would be grateful if you could consider this letter as a formal request for a review. If the council is not prepared to treat my request with the courtesy and seriousness it deserves, I will pursue the matter with the Scottish Information Commissioner.

Kind regards



Mark Irvine


Details of the council’s response will be posted here in due course

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!