Roadshow Farce



Here's how the GMB advertised a series of meetings for union members in North Lanarkshire to discuss their ongoing equal pay claims against North Lanarkshire Council.

"We are pleased to advise a Road show will be held in New Lanarkshire College (Motherwell Campus) on the 18th and 19th of June. Letters will be sent to each member, inviting them to a specific session on both days in due course. You will have an opportunity to raise any concerns with your Union Representative and Digby Brown in relation to your ongoing Second Wave Claim, during these sessions.”

Yet on the day no senior officials from the GMB were present to answer members questions and explain how the GMB had ended up in a very different position from all the other parties to the equal pay dispute with North Lanarkshire Council, i.e Action 4 Equality Scotland, Fox and Partners Solicitors, Unison and Unite.
Here's what an individual GMB member had to say about this 'Roadshow' farce:

"I booked a holiday from my work in order to attend this important “Roadshow” but NO GMB representatives were in attendance to answer my questions as advised.

I am also very concerned with the offer shown to me given the vast difference of settlements made to my colleagues in recent weeks who are in the same job with the same length of service.

Could you please reply to my questions below with regards to my equal pay claim against NLC and being carried out by GMB on my behalf?"


I can hardly believe that GMB members were required to take time-off to attend these meetings and that they came away without detailed written advice and guidance from their trade union.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence