Toledo and Team Python



The ancient city of Toledo, a World Heritage Site, was another stop on my recent city break to Spain and I can honestly say it's well worth a visit.

Now I'm not someone who is normally bowled over by religious sites (not being religious myself), but if you ask me Toledo's  magnificent Gothic Cathedral ought to be classified as one of the wonders of the world. Two hours is not really sufficient to do the place justice.

The architecture of the building, especially inside, is at least as impressive as the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona which is really saying something.

Toledo Cathedral was home to one of the Grand Inquisitors of the Spanish Inquisiton Archbishop Cisneros, from 1507 to 1517, a 'holy' man who would have been right at home centuries later under the murderous, fascist regime of General Franco.

But the last thing I expected on my visit to Toledo was a reminder of yet another famous sketch from the Monty Python team.



.


Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!