Bams Booed art Celtic Park (3)



I have been trying to discover the significance, if any, of the strange banner on display at Celtic Park which I saw for the first time last week - a menacing black skull wearing a gas mask.

Doesn't seem very friendly or inclusive to me, but if any readers know the answer, drop me a note (in confidence of course) to - markrivine@compuserve.com

  


  

Bams Booed at Celtic Park 2 (12/11/19) 



I said I would write to Celtic about the shameful antics of  the self-styled 'Green Brigade ultras' at Sunday's match against Motherwell.

Here's what I had to say to the Club who responded very quickly to confirm that my comments have indeed been brought to the attention of the Celtic Board.

I hope other supporters will raise their voices too - in the same spirit which led to the 'bampots' being booed and quickly silenced on Sunday.    


Dear Celtic FC 


I would like to register a complaint about the behaviour of some of the Celtic fans at the match against Motherwell yesterday.

Specifically, my complaint is about a small group of supporters in the safe standing area who style themselves as 'ultras' or the Green Brigade.

During the second half of the match the fans in question began singing 'You can stick your poppy up your arse' led on by cheerleaders who did their level best to amplify this ugly, divisive message via their loudhailers and drums.

I have written about this shameful incident on my blog site and what I find incredible is that Celtic FC help to facilitate this nonsense by continuing to allow the 'ultras' in the Green Brigade to bring their drums, loudhailers and banners into the stadium - without demanding guarantees about their future conduct.

In my opinion their behaviour on Remembrance Sunday crossed the line and the club should take action to deal with these morons who regularly bring Celtic's good name into disrepute.

I enclose a copy of the article which has been posted to my blog site and would be grateful if you could bring my comments to the attention of the Celtic Board.

Kind regards



Mark Irvine 

  

Bams Booed at Celtic Park (11/11/19)



The start of yesterday's home match between Celtic and Motherwell was marked by a respectful minute's silence for Remembrance Day.

But the occasion was spoiled somewhat in the second half by the moronic behaviour of a small group of fans in the safe standing area - the self-styled 'ultras' in the Green Brigade - whose cheerleaders decided to sing: "you can stick your poppy up your arse".

The rest of the Celtic support responded quickly by roundly booing the bampots, but the real problem is that these clowns think they are a law unto themselves - answerable to no one and bigger than the club itself.

What's incredible to me is that Celtic FC help to facilitate this nonsense by allowing the 'ultras' in the Green Brigade to bring drums, loudhailers and banners into the stadium - without any guarantees about their future behaviour.

Celtic has been fined regularly by UEFA, the European football authority, over the infantile behaviour of this group of fans whose antics hit the club in the pocket, as well as damaging its hard won reputation for being fair-minded and tolerant.

I will be writing to the club to make my voice heard and hope other supporters will do the same. 

  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!